Coloring Pages (links provided)
- Leatherback sea turtles can travel up to 10,000 miles in a single year.
- Sea otters have the dentist fur in the animal kingdom with 1 million hairs a square inch.
- Manatees have finger nails which help them as they travel along the marshy sea floor.
- Dolphins have 2 stomachs (1 for storage and 1 for digestion).
- Green sea turtles can stay underwater for up to 5 hours.
- Sea turtles have glands that help them excrete excess salt from their eyes making them appear as though they are crying.
- Unlike human brains that have folds going in and out, manatee brains are smooth.
- Sea otters often sleep holding paws to help keep them from drifting apart.
- The front teeth of dolphins work as antennas picking up sounds that bounce back during echolocation.
- Dolphins are able to recognize themselves in mirror making them self aware.
- If a sea otters fur becomes dirty, it has trouble obsessive the air which keeps them warm. This results in them be obsessive about the cleanliness of their fur.
- The closest living relative to a manatee is the elephant (both have trunks, rough skin, teeth that are always replaced and toe nails).